Knight Foundation seeks those who have the ability to discover the facts, the vision to see what's possible, the courage to push for change, the know-how to get it done and the tenacity that gets results. If this describes your capabilities, we want to hear from you.
Are you ready to make a difference? Do you have the desire to work with an organization committed to innovation? Are you looking for a job utilizing a wide range of abilities? While the primary focus of this job is Systems Analysis – defining goals for foundation systems, assisting in the selection of new enterprise systems, structured analysis, data modeling, information and process engineering, testing and analyzing performance indicators – we need you to do software development work as well.
Knight Foundation is looking for individuals who have the ability to discover the facts, vision to see what’s possible, courage to push for change, know-how to get it done and the tenacity to stick with it until you get results.
If we have described your interests and capabilities, and you have the following background, we want to hear from you.
Working with the VP/Chief Technology Officer and staff, you will:
· Partner with management and users to understand the nature of information processing needs and craft solutions that meet those needs.
- Be a key player in selecting and implementing new enterprise systems for the organization – e.g. CRM, Intranet, and Cloud Storage solutions.
- Help define the goals of various foundation systems and devise flow charts and diagrams describing them.
- Test, maintain and monitor programs; review and analyze performance indicators to locate and resolve problems.
- Support and train users on systems and leverage their input to evolve foundation systems.
The ideal candidate will have experience with:
- Planning and designing systems using structured analysis, data modeling and information engineering.
- Processes engineering and software design.
- Servers, relational databases, structured programming languages, use of API’s and system integration.
- Windows, Mac, Linux, AWS environments.
- Structured systems experience in .net (C#, VB), HTML, Java Script, SQL, API, and Web and Content Management Frameworks (Ruby on Rails a plus)
Knight Foundation supports transformational ideas that promote quality journalism, advance media innovation, engage communities and foster the arts. We believe that democracy thrives when people and communities are informed and engaged. If you share this passion, we want to hear from you. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
To apply, please send a Microsoft Word version of your resume, including salary history, to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Knight Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. No telephone calls, please.
Strategy and Assessment, Miami, Fla.
Are you the type who can make sense of constantly moving parts? Do you tend to take control of situations others may find confusing? Are you a critical thinker who enjoys a fast-paced work environment? If you answered yes, this is the job for you!
This position provides program-related support in our Miami office. Reporting to the Vice President/Strategy and Assessment, the assistant supports the work of the strategy and assessment team and its relationships across the foundation and with its network of partners. This involves:
- managing a large departmental budget
- coordinating and supporting the work of external agents and vendors
- coordinating meetings/events and arranging travel
- preparing documents and maintaining files and schedules
- conducting research and analyzing various projects
- coordinating mailings, routing mail and related administrative responsibilities
The right candidate has strong organizational skills, including attention to detail and time management. Exceptional computer skills and demonstrated capacity to learn new software are also required. The successful candidate will have the ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks independently. He/she will have strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
Knight Foundation supports transformational ideas that promote quality journalism, advance media innovation, engage communities and foster the arts. We believe that democracy thrives when people and communities are informed and engaged.
The essential elements for this work are: discovery of ideas, belief in a vision, courage to push for change, know-how to get it done and tenacity in getting results. If you share this passion, we want to hear from you. Tell us what excites you about this opportunity and why you are right for it.
Send your resume to: email@example.com
For more information about Knight Foundation visit www.knightfoundation.org
Knight Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
No telephone calls, please.